Bicycling is becoming more and more popular as we venture towards a healthier lifestyle. Biking has always been a wonderful way to get around, but at the same time could lead to you being injured or even killed. If this is the case for you or someone you know, call the Long Island bicycle accident attorneys of Zemsky and Salomon. Our NYC bicycle accident attorneys have expansive experience representing New Yorkers who were injured or killed in bike accidents.
Why a New York Bicycle Accident Lawyer is Usually Different
A bicycle accident lawyer from NYC will take a different approach because many are cyclists themselves within the city and Queens areas. They have a deeper understanding of how important cycling is, and how life changing it can be to be hit by a motor vehicle while riding a bike and suffer serious injuries. They also understand how quickly you may experience no further desire to ride a bike again.
Once a case is presented to our staff, they will work with the proper authorities and witnesses to determine the fault by a motorist. Our desire to assist cyclists as a Manhattan bicycle accident lawyer goes to all types of bikers:
- Commuting to and from Work
- Sport Racing
- Pleasure Riding
- Advanced Cycling
- New Cyclists
Zemsky and Salomon’s bicycling attorneys of Hempstead Long Island will work to realize the circumstances behind your bike accident and achieve the compensation you deserve.
The Need for a Bicycle Accident Attorney in NYC has Increased Dramatically
According to the NYC DOT “Cycling in the City” report, over 700,000 New Yorkers ride a bike regularly. That’s an increase of over 3 times the amount of bike riders over the past 15 years. The need for a bicycle accident attorney in New York has increased as these stats have shown increases.
With the advances in technology over the past decade, motorists are more distracted while driving then ever. From texting on their phones, turning into cycling declared lanes, opening doors of cars without realizing they created an obstruction, they are more careless than ever.
Motorists and bike riders need to be aware, drive precisely, follow laws, and share the road. Both can suffer when laws are not followed.
Who is Liable in a Bike Accident?
Liability for a bike accident injury Long Island NY depends on the exact cause, and who was at fault. If the driver of a car caused the accident, the cyclist may file a claim against them or the driver’s insurance company. If the road itself was in bad condition with potholes or debris scattered along it causing the bicycle rider to fall, the rider may file a claim against the state, county or town agency that is responsible for maintaining that portion of the road.
If a bike that a cyclist was riding was inadequately designed, the cyclist can file a claim against the people responsible for manufacturing or repairing of the bike with the idea of negligence.
Claims can even be made for injuries due to a dog chasing the cyclist or even a case of one cyclist against another.
What Steps Can You Take If You Are in a Bicycle Accident
- Make sure you are safe by physically moving yourself and your cycle out of the way of buses or other bikes.
- The adrenaline rush after an accident can hide injuries, and some of the common types of accident injuries so call 911 for your safety.
- Exchange information, including name, contact, license, and insurance information with the other person involved.
- Don’t admit any type of quilt or say anything that may be taken against you at the scene of the accident.
- Don’t try and negotiate or agree to anything with the other motorist or cyclist.
- When the police come, make sure you report your interpretation of events, and take the officer’s name, badge number and police report number.
- Take a couple of photos or a video of any injuries, damages, and the entire accident scene.
- If there’s any damage to your bike, helmet, or clothes, leave these as damaged and don’t attempt to fix or clean them.
- As soon as possible, write down some notes about how the accident occurred, and where you and the other party were positioned at the time.
- Keep detailed records of all your losses after an accident, including lost stipend and bills for damaged property.
Then contact Zemsky and Salomon for a Nassau County bike accident lawyer, or bicycle crash attorney in Hempstead to help you begin a suit.
Contact Zemsky and Salomon To Retain the Best Personal Injury Lawyer For Handling Bicycle Accidents
The Long Island Personal Injury Attorneys of Zemsky & Salomon help those who are injured in bike accidents recover damages for their injuries, including medical bills, lost stipend and pain and suffering.
If you or someone you know are seriously injured or killed in a bike accident then the Hempstead bicycle accident law firm of Zemsky & Salomon P.C. can provide you with a free consultation. Just reach out to us at (516)485-3800 or complete our quick contact form.
We handle personal injury and unlawful death suits on a contingency basis. We absorb all costs until we’ve successfully secured compensation for your injuries.
Victim of a Bicycle Accident in New York? – See if You Have a Case Today!
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-485-3800 or click the button below to complete the form.