Motorcycle travel adds a liberating feeling to how you experience travel. It is also a very convenient way to travel through traffic jams. However, motorcycles can also be a very dangerous way of travel no matter how careful you are. There is a lack of protection to your body and a lack of respect for sharing the road from other vehicle users.
No matter how cautious you are when riding a motorcycle, catastrophic injuries can occur when on the road. Motorcyclists are often facing unavoidable accidents and may not be covered by the typical “No-Fault” insurance. You are then looking at medical bills and lost wages depending on your insurance medical coverage. Zemsky and Salomon has the extensive experience you are looking for plus providing you with advice about a motorcycle accident today on Long Island.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Long Island
There are thousands of motorcycle injuries every year. Motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, you need to call the Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Zemsky and Salomon. We have the experience needed when representing individuals who were injured or killed in motorcycle accidents.
The Long Island Personal Injury Attorneys of Zemsky & Salomon will help those who are injured in a motorcycle accident recover damages for their injuries, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, contact the Long Island Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Zemsky & Salomon right away.
Am I More Vulnerable to Have A Motorcycle Accident in New York City?
There are a number of reasons that motorcycles are at a greater risk for being in a serious accident over a passenger in a vehicle, especially in NYC. According to the New York State Department of Health Motorcycle-related Injury Data, “On average, 1,600 New Yorkers are treated at a hospital each year as a result of motorcycle crashes; that is an average of 16 people every day. ” Some examples are:
- Motorcyclists are more likely to be thrown off of their bike and onto the pavement at high speeds
- Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to poor roadways and bad weather conditions
- Drivers of cars, trucks, and SUVs have a difficult time seeing motorcyclists on the road, especially at night or in poor weather conditions
- motorcycles lack the same protection as cars, for instance no air bags
- Motorcyclists have a greater chance of being side swept
- Motorcycles are more likely to become “wobbly” or unstable at high speeds or in poor weather conditions
And alike cars, motorcycles have to battle against:
- When a car makes a left turn at an intersection without looking or knowing that a motorcycle is coming.
- A driver or the passenger of a car parked on the side if a road opens a car door in the path of an passing motorcycle.
- A driver might not properly check to see if there is a motorcycle in a lane before they attempt to head into that lane.
- Drunk Drivers and their slow reaction times
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Motorcycle riders really do not have much protection other than a helmet, a thick leather jacket and boots under normal circumstances. They are more easily then to experience injuries that involve the spinal cord, brain trauma, broken bones and internal injuries. Even a minor accident where the motorcyclist experiences a road rash could wind up being permanent scaring. You need a motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Suffolk County or the surrounding area, call the Long Island Motorcycle Accident Attorneys of Zemsky & Salomon P.C. for a free consultation. We are qualified motorcycle accident lawyers in Hempstead Long Island ready to serve victims of New York City motorcycle accidents and any Long Island motorcycle accidents.
We handle all types of personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits on a contingency basis which means we absorb all fees and costs until we have successfully secured compensation for your injuries.
Call us today at (516) 485-3800 or complete our quick contact form to obtain information from a motorcycle lawyer in Hempstead NY.
Victim of a Motorcycle Accident in Nassau County New York? – See if You Have a Case Today.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-485-3800 or click the button below to complete the form.